1. Stop drinking!! I drink constantly throughout the day. Not booze, haha! I drink a ton of water, coffee, tea...you name it I'm probably sipping on it. But if I don't stop drinking at least 2 hours before bed I have to get up in the middle of the night, sometimes more than once.
2. Stop eating!! I'm a late night snacker and it's a huge problem of mine. I really struggle with the late night munchies and it affects not just my tracker but also my sleep. If I try to go to bed with a full stomach I most often lay there listening to the bubbles in my belly gurgle which is the most annoying sound and feeling in the whole entire world. Then after my stomach finally settles down I find that I have the craziest dreams. I'm not sure if that's legitimate or just a fluke but I swear that eating right before bed does something to my dreams.
3. Give yourself a bed time! I try to get to bed by 10:30 every night (it's 12 a.m. right now...I said TRY...) and get up by 7:30 every morning. My dog wants to eat every morning at around 7, 7:30 if I'm lucky and she's very persistent. If I try to ignore her she gets louder but getting up, letting her out, giving her breakfast and then trying to go back to bed is insane. If I fall back to sleep it's fitful and restless or I fall into a very deep sleep and then I am startled awake by my alarm. If I stay up I have plenty of time to be productive; and it makes my dog happy. But, if I go to bed too late getting up 7:30 is extremely difficult. Sometimes I don't want to go into the bedroom at 10:30 but I convince myself to do it anyways and usually I feel much better.
4. Get up when you wake up, even if your alarm isn't going to go off for another 40 minutes! Just like trying to go back to bed after I feed the dog, the quality of my sleep is not good if I try to convince myself to sleep when I'm not tired.
5. Take care of as much as you can the night before so you won't go to bed thinking about what you have to do in the morning. I pack my food (breakfast and lunch!), track my food (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks!), lay out my clothes for the next day and if necessary make a to-do list for the next day. I'm an anxious person and anxiety paralyzes me sometimes. If I wake up in the morning knowing I need to pack/track my meals for the day and exercise and I'm not sure where my work clothes are I become totally overwhelmed and spend the morning stressing and being utterly unproductive because I didn't sleep well thinking about everything I needed to do and I can't get out of my own way once I'm finally up! I end up finding my work clothes and then throwing together a bunch of crap into a bag and rushing out the door. Once I get to work I realize that the crap I brought isn't going to satisfy me and I waste a bunch of points on snacks there...it's not pretty!Last night I got a GREAT night sleep, I woke up this morning and felt so much better than I have in a while and I also ate incredibly well. I didn't exercise because I slept in but I need it. I had said I was going to start my 15 in 2015 on Thursday morning and I promised that I wasn't going to go crazy and be terrible until then and I haven't but I have been lazy...lazier than I planned to be. But I also feel like I needed the rest and so therefore I'm not beating myself up for it. Some weeks are more active than others. This week I've been a sloth but it's been glorious. :)